Coeur d’Alene Christian School is a private institution independently governed by a School Board of members of the Church of Christ. It is located on the premises of the Dalton Gardens Church of Christ building.
It is supported financially by donations, fundraisers, and tuition. All staff members are college graduates and/or continuing their academic programs. All staff members are believing, baptized Christians, and have a main goal of sharing the Word of God with all their students, as well as teaching them our other courses from a God-based curriculum.
The school was started in 1980 by Mike and Shari Swaim. It was their dream to have an educational setting that followed the teachings of Christ. They had also dreamed of a place where members of the Church could send their children and be fully confident that the foundation of Church/Home/School would be realized.
This dream came true with a few dedicated teachers and a K-6 grade the first year. The CCS setting has become an excellent place to continue the course that Christ has put before us in teaching our children about God. We have used the great words of Paul in Phil 4:13 as he says, “We can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!” We can pray often and specifically to God in the CCS setting. We can be proud of our country and show our patriotism through daily chapel flag pledges, prayers, and songs.
The students have a complete curriculum including Music and Drama. In addition to this, Art has been added as a special class for our Jr. High students.
Many of our students leave CCS with confidence and Bible knowledge that carries them through a great high school program and on to one of our Christian colleges. Great leaders for our Father’s kingdom are developed here. We adhere to a strict, Bible defined, discipline program throughout all our grades levels. The Lord built this school! Psalm 127:1 “Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain”. When our financial challenges seem overwhelming I remember who actually made the institution possible and continues to guide it.
Sharing: We are a SHARING School
Joel 1:3 The Bible instructs us to share the Good News! “Tell it to your children, and let your children tell it to their children, and their children to the next generation”. We see how important the FUTURE of God’s Church really is!
Guidance: Our children need guidance in today’s confusing world. What is right?
Proverbs 11:14 reminds us : “Where there is no guidance, a nation falls, but in an abundance of counselors (teachers) there is safety”.
Servants: We are serving God in a great way: teaching his children.
Planning your Estate CAN help the future growth of the Church.
- Our children are our future
- Our children are the future of the Church
- Our children receive classes DAILY and chapel DAILY to instill the “goodness” of God in their lives
- Our children will become a shining light in any community
- They will be God-centered mothers and fathers and will have a foundation of knowledge to build strong, faithful families!
Our school in the Pacific Northwest needs financial support links at this time.
- We are looking to expand our program to hire more Christian teachers to bring the Word to more and more children hungry for God’s Word.
- We hope to add a gym, and possibly acquire additional land, but we need support from those who are willing to see God’s work continue in the lives of young adults from the Pacific Northwest
- We have found many ways that have been very successful in bringing funds to help the work of God’s school mission
* Basic Donation to our cause * Specific Donation to our cause *
* Real Estate * Wills * Life Insurance * Trust Funds * CD’s etc. *
Our students and parents are also a “pot of gold”, if you will, for our Youth Group and Bible study outreach programs!
The need in the area is strong for quality Christian education. Many students remain in Public Schools because of affordability and classroom space problems. We hope to alleviate some of this concern. We are discussing our possibility for expanded scholarship programs. We would hope we can accept any student who desires to be at our facility without the burden of affordability.